Apply for New CNIC (National Identity Card)

Pakistani citizens above 18 years are eligible for new National Identity Card (CNIC). Please see the procedure and other details below.

NADRA Office Timings:
Mega Registration Centers7 Days a week24 Hours
Normal BranchesMonday to Friday09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Centers / Branches:

For your nearest NADRA Center / Branch, Click below:

Fee Structure:
NormalFree30 Days
UrgentRs. 115015 Days
ExecutiveRs. 215007 Days

NOTE : To see the Fee Structure in detail, Click below:

Documents Required:
  • Original NIC of Parent (father or mother)
  • Original Child Registration Certificate (Form-B) or
    Original Matric Certificate or
    Original Matric Marks-Sheet or
    Original Domicile or
    Original Passport
  1. Go to NADRA Centre with any CNIC-holder blood-relative
  2. Blood-relatives are father/mother/brother/sister/son/daughter
  3. NADRA staff will take fingerprints of you and your blood-relative
  4. For fingerprints, avoid mehendi / dust / oil on fingers
  5. After CNIC is ready, NADRA will send SMS on your mobile
  6. Receive your CNIC personally from NADRA Centre on date
Useful Links:

DISCLAIMER: Information and procedures are collected from various websites and sources. The information on our website is not meant to be used for official purpose. Sometimes, in absence of timely updation, our information may be rather different from the data taken by us from websites/sources. Please share your experience, if any, on our email address to help improve our data/guidance.

Similar Posts


  1. Sir, I have lost my CNIC. if I apply in NADRA office physically for renew of CNIC other than duplicate due to wanna some changes i.e. picture,than the 16 or 17 grade officer attestaion is required or not ??Please reply

    1. Ms.Madiha,

      Please visit your nearest NADRA Centre and tell them that you have lost your original CNIC. Also tell them that you want your fresh photo on the CNIC. They will issue a fresh and renewed CNIC (not duplicate) to you with your fresh photo. If you also wish some other changes, you can inform them and they will cooperate with you. In your case, no attestation of 16 or 17 grade officer is needed.

      However, if you want to convert your normal CNIC into Smart NIC (SNIC), then you will need this attestation. If you will take a blood-relative with you to NADRA Centre, then attestation of government officer is not needed for SNIC.


      1. its to inform that I visited NADRA office today but they said for any modification in SNIC, officer 17 attestaion is required if you not come with any blood relative.

        1. Ms.Madiha,

          In our reply sent to you at 4.06 pm today, we have mentioned the same thing which you are telling now. Therefore, please arrange attestation of govt. officer or visit NADRA Office with any blood-relative. Your case is very simple and you will get new SNIC very soon, InshaAllah.


          1. Ms.Madiha,

            If you already have SNIC, then please cooperate with NADRA, because for fresh/duplicate SNIC it is must to get govt. officer’s attestation or to bring any blood relative.

            Thanks & regards,

  2. Assalam o Alaikum.
    sir I applied Online for CNIC modification 15days before but when I check status it shows 23 working days remaining ..and how do I know my application is approved or not I didn’t get any msg or email..

    1. Dear Mr.Kashif,

      W.Salam … Normally it takes 30 days for completion of modification process. But, due to some internal issues, they can gain some extra time. However, if you wish to know the actual reasons/status please contact on NADRA’s helpline : 051-111-786-100. They will surely explain properly.

      Despite the above helpline contact, if you face any problem, you can also complain on their link : for solution of your problem.

      Best regards,

  3. Sir i lost my nic and my father is in islamabad tou kya mai unky NIC ki photo copy lay ja k banwa skti hun?

    1. Ms.Mahnoor,

      Father ya kisi bhi blood-relative ko saath lejanay ki zaroorat uss waqt hoti hay jab aap ko apnay normal CNIC ko Smart NIC (SNIC) may tabdeel karwana ho. Apnay lost CNIC ka duplicate/ fresh CNIC banwanay kay liay sirf apna CNIC Number ya iski photocopy NADRA Centre lay jaen. Aap ko police FIR ki bhi zaroorat nahi paregi.


  4. Aslamoalekom
    Sir mery family ke id ka adress kpk ka hai meiny apny choty bhai ka domicel karachi ka bnwana hai to iska koe tariky kar btay

    1. Dear Mr.Ameer Khan,

      Aap ki family ka mustaqil (permanent) address yaqeenan KPK ka hoga aur mojooda (present) address Karachi ka hoga. Jis city ka Domicile banwana ho wahaan pay aap ki rehaaish kam az kam one year honi chahiyay. Karachi ka domicile banwanay kay liay aap ko Commissioner Office jana hoga. Commissioner Office yaa City Court kay baahir application fill karnay kay liay bohot say log hotay hain. Kisi bhi shop (vendor) say aap ko mukammal maloomaat mil jaengi. Zaroori kaar-rawai (procedure) kay baad aap kay brother ka Commissioner Office say Domicile ban jaega, InshaAllah.


  5. Asalam o walaikum
    Please my cnic card is lost and how much price cnic card
    Name Wajiha Afridi

    1. Ms.Wajiha Afridi,

      No need of any FIR in police. Please go to any NADRA Centre. Your new or duplicate CNIC will be made easily.

      Normal…..Rs.400 (Your CNIC will be received in 30 days)
      Urgent…..Rs.1150 (Your CNIC will be received in 15 days)
      Executive..Rs.2150 (Your CNIC will be received in 7 days)


      1. Ms.Zahara Ali Khan,

        There is no need of FIR. Please visit NADRA Centre with your CNIC Number or photocopy. They will issue a duplicate/ fresh CNIC to you. The fresh CNIC will be received to you within 30 days after paying a fee of Rs.400/-.


  6. Aslam o alekom Sir meiny apni wife ka id card bwana hai pr uski family lahore me hai or dera ismael khan me ho to un ke beghair id uska ban skta hai

    1. Dear Mr.Ameer Khan,

      Aap D.I.Khan main bhi apni wife ka CNIC banwa saktay hain. Aap apna original CNIC aur original Nikah-nama lay ker NADRA Centre jaen aur apni wife ko bhi saath lay jaen. Inkay finger-prints ki zaroorat paregi. NADRA walay aap ki wife kay B-Form ka print nikal laingay aur inka CNIC ban jaega, InshaAllah.


  7. Sir mera I’d card dera ismael khan nadra office me hai or me khuda multan me ho or token bi mery pas hai kya koe tareky kar ke mera id card TCS ke zarey yaha multan me miljay mujy

    1. Dear Mr.Ameer Khan,

      Aap apna D.I.Khan ka Token lay ker Multan main NADRA Office jaen aur unsay request karain keh aap ka CNIC yahaan Multan TCS kay zariay mangwa dain. Ummeed hay NADRA walay aap ka kaam kar daingay, InshaAllah.


  8. Sir meiny apni ami ka id card bnwana hai uski family ka koe be nhi hai to usky ley koe tarika kar btay mera or mery father ka id card hai

    1. Dear Mr.Ameer Khan,

      Aap apni mother aur father ko lay ker NADRA Centre jaen aur saath main yeh documents lay jaen:-

      (1) Aap ka original CNIC
      (2) Father ka original CNIC
      (3) Agar hay tau mother ka B-Form
      (4) Agar hay tau mother ka Birth Certificate
      (5) Agar hay tau mother kay Education Certificates

      NADRA walon ko agar kisi aur paper ki zaroorat hogi tau aap ko bata daingay. Aap bay fikar ho ker NADRA jaen, InshaAllah mother ka card ban jaega.

      Best wishes.

      1. Assalam o alaikum sir ek admi ke 2 card bane hue he aur dono me alag names please ek ka token mila he ek cnic original wo 2010 me kahi lost ho gaya us se kafi dafa gaya nadra par koi response nh mila … tu ap bta de ke kia kare ham …. ?

        1. Dear Sir,

          Aap dobara NADRA kay kisi aur Centre pay tashreef lay jaen. Agar wahaan bhi kaam na ho tau NADRA Helpline : 051-111-786-100 pay call karain. Agar helpline say madad na milay tau NADRA kay link pay shikayat darj karwaen. InshaAllah aap ka problem hal hojaega.


Comments are closed.