Duplicate NIC

Apply for Duplicate CNIC (National Identity Card)

If CNIC (National Identity Card) is lost/ damaged, get its Duplicate (Reprint) from NADRA. Please see the procedure and other details below.

NADRA Office Timings:
Mega Registration Centers7 Days a week24 Hours
Normal BranchesMonday to Friday09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Centers / Branches:

For your nearest NADRA Center / Branch, Click below:

Fee Structure:
NormalRs. 40030 Days
UrgentRs. 115015 Days
ExecutiveRs. 215007 Days

NOTE : To see the Fee Structure in detail, Click below:

Documents Required:
  • Your CNIC Number OR Photocopy of CNIC
  1. Officer will take your fresh fingerprints, photo and signatures
  2. For fingerprints, avoid mehendi / dust / oil on fingers
  3. When CNIC is ready, NADRA will send SMS on your mobile
  4. Receive your CNIC personally from NADRA Office on date
Useful Links:

DISCLAIMER: Information and procedures are collected from various websites and sources. The information on our website is not meant to be used for official purpose. It may be rather different from data taken from sources, lacking timely updation. Please share your experience, if any, in our "Comments Section" or email at our pakguide.pk@gmail.com to help improve our guidance.

Similar Posts


  1. Assalam O alaikum

    bro few days before I lost my cnic and today I applied for new cnic..nadra did not ask me for FIR etc 2,3 times I asked from them about FIR but they say no need of FIR …now what i do about my old cnic?it will be blocked or?there is any chances of misused?

    1. Dear Mr.Amir,

      It is good that now the NADRA is not demanding FIR for the lost CNIC. Your new CNIC will have a new “Date of Issue.” From this new Date of Issue, your previous CNIC will have no value and if anybody misuses your previous CNIC, you can easily challenge it. Let we hope that nothing will happen wrong with your previous CNIC, InshaAllah.

      Best regards.

  2. AOA,
    i lost my NIC a day before yesterday ,
    i visited nadra today for duplicate (Reprint) CNIC , they did not required any FIR but they said your old card cannot be reprinted , it ll be issued as a new (taking fresh pictures and fingerprints) , I don’t want to take new card but to reprint my old card and i am uncomfortable making new one as old one was having validity till 2027 also.
    the person there also does not seem very professional,
    please if there is any way i can get it reprint .please let me know. or i should visit another branch ? How do you say please. .

    1. Dear Mr.Khawar,

      Generally NADRA requires FIR for issuance of duplicate CNIC. If you think the staff who attended you was not professionally competitive, please try any other centre of NADRA.

      Actually, institutions like NADRA improve themselves day by day. If they have changed their policy for issuance of Duplicate (Reprint) CNIC, we have to follow it. Perhaps, it is in your own interest because you will have latest “Date of Issue” on your new CNIC. Also, please don’t be uncomfortable about validity which is upto 2027. Your new CNIC’s validity will definitely be upto 2027 or 2028. In case you are issued a new and fresh CNIC, no fraud or illegal activity will be possible by any wrong person.

      In view of above arguments, we hope you will have a good decision about this issue.

      With best regards,

    2. DEAR SIR


      1. Dear Mr.Omair,

        As you know, NADRA data is online and centralised all over the country. Please lodge FIR in Lahore for the lost CNIC and submit FIR’s photocopy at nearest NADRA Centre. They will issue you either the Duplicate or a new CNIC.

        You will have to collect newly issued CNIC from NADRA Centre. However, they will inform you by SMS whenever the CNIC becomes ready. You don’t have to visit Karachi in any case.

        Best regards.

  3. Many thanks for your reply😊
    Sir can you please guide me how to register online Fir and get a copy?
    I’ve no one to go with me and I never visited police station. I’m afraid to go there.
    Waiting for your response.

  4. Hi
    Is it necessary to have Fir copy for applying a duplicate cnic?
    What can you guide me please what is another option we can use instead of Fir copy? Actually I don’t know how to get that and bit difficult for me. My I’d is lost during home shifting now I couldn’t find that so please help me what to do.
    Waiting for your kind response.

    1. Ms.Fatima,

      It is the requirement of NADRA to submit photocopy of FIR for issuance of Duplicate (Reprint) CNIC. If you feel uncomfortable about FIR, you may please contact NADRA for issuance of Duplicate CNIC. They will help you if they have some other ways for Duplicate.

      Otherwise, if NADRA insists for FIR, there is no problem for you to get registered FIR. Please go, with your father, brother or any close-relative, to Police Station nearest to your previous residence. After completing NADRA’s requirement, you will get very soon the Duplicate CNIC.


    1. Dear Mr.Shoaib,

      It is to inform you please that we do not belong to NADRA. Our website is PakGuide and our job is to guide the people properly. We are pleased that you have contacted us. Thanks.

      Please get registered an FIR with police for your lost CNIC. Then visit nearest NADRA Centre with original FIR and its photocopy. Please also take with you the CNIC’s photocopy or only CNIC Number. You will be issued Duplicate (Reprint) of your CNIC.

      Best Regards.

  5. Assalamualaikum!
    Today I lost my CNIC at my University. Can I get the CNIC again and what is the procedure of issuance of the card again? And Is it’s necessary where I was 1st make an ID card then again I will issue it from that office.

    1. Walaykum Assalam.
      You can apply for a Duplicate CNIC at any nearest Centre of NADRA. It is not necessary to go the same NADRA Centre where your lost CNIC was made. Please visit NADRA Centre with following documents:-

      1) Photocopy or the Number of your lost CNIC
      2) Original FIR and its photocopy

      NADRA will issue a Duplicate CNIC to you. The CNIC will be ready within 30 days.

      Best regards.

        1. Dear Mr.Jahanzaib,

          Duplicate CNIC 30 days say pehlay mil sakta hay. Fees yay hay:-

          Fee Delivery
          Normal : Rs.400 ……. Delivery: 30 Days
          Urgent : Rs.1150 …… Delivery: 15 Days
          Executive : Rs.2150 … Delivery: 07 Days


      1. So I lost my CNIC, I do have the FIR but I don’t have a copy of my CNIC (I do have pictures of it on my phone).
        And also I called the Nadra helpline today and they told me that I would have to bring a blood relative along with me to get a new CNIC but the representative seemed unsure to be honest, could you please confirm?
        Thank you!

        1. Dear Mr.Bilal Shahid,

          Your case is simple and please do not worry. Forget the representative of NADRA who talked to you on helpline. You must go directly to any NADRA Centre with your original FIR and its photocopy. Also take with you the mobile phone. Show the FIR to them and also show the photo of your CNIC in the mobile. They will take your CNIC Number from the photo.

          It is possible that they will make your fresh CNIC. If NADRA officer demands you to bring any blood-relative, then please bring with you father, mother, brother, sister or any other blood-relative. Mostly chances are that they will not ask any blood-relative.

          Best regards.

  6. I am separated from my husband, and we are not in contact with each other, and he has my new CNIC, and I don’t have any copy of it, even I don’t know my CNIC number, so my question is, how can I get my CNIC or a duplicate copy of it from Nadra centre? What is the procedure for it?

    1. Ms.Kiran,

      CNIC number of a person always remains the same. There may be many ways to find your CNIC number. However, please note the following points for this purpose:-

      1) If you have your old or previous CNIC or its photocopy, you can get your CNIC number.
      2) Please see your Urdu Nikahnama or NADRA’s Marriage Registration Certificate (Nikahnama in English).
      3) With your father / mother / any sibling or any blood-relative, you can go NADRA and request them to tell your CNIC number, so that you could lodge an FIR for your lost CNIC.

      NADRA Office tells you CNIC number or not, you just lodge an FIR for your lost CNIC. Show this FIR to NADRA Office and also give them its photocopy. InshaAllah they will issue a Duplicate CNIC to you.

      Wishing you all the best,

  7. Sir mera CNIC lost howa hai۔To new CNIC NADRA k kisi bhi office sy bana skty hen ya phr wahan jana hoga جہاں pehly CNIC bnaya hai؟

    1. Dear Mr.Wilayat Ali Khan,

      CNIC kisi bhi NADRA Centre say banwa saktay hain, lekin behtar hoga keh apnay ghar say qareeb tareen Centre say banwain.


  8. Salaam my disabled aunt has lost her ID card she lives in Jhelum and does not have the ID card number or a photocopy of it how can she apply for a reprint? Please advise thanks

    1. Walaykum Assalam.
      There may be following ways to search your Aunt’s CNIC number:-

      1) If aunt has B-Form of her children, find her CNIC No. in B-Form.
      2) If aunt has her passport, she can find CNIC No. on it.
      3) If aunt has any property in her name, CNIC No. is in prop.documents.
      4) Aunt’s any blood-relative or husband can go NADRA Centre and request them to trace out Aunt’s CNIC number through the “home address” given on Aunt’s CNIC, or date of birth or husband’s name on Aunt’s CNIC.


    2. My uncle lost his id card and he lives in Greece. How can he apply his new id card or reprint.

      Please give me all information.

      Thank you

      1. Dear Sir,

        In some cases, NADRA has online system for overseas Pakistanis through the following link:-

        But, it would be reasonable if you please contact any NADRA Centre, as the representative of Uncle, and request them for issuance of Duplicate CNIC against Uncle’s lost CNIC. Possibly they may ask an FIR for the lost CNIC. NADRA has a vast data system and will provide you to the point guidance.

        Best regards.

    1. Dear Mr.Waqas Ali,

      Please lodge FIR and this FIR will make you safe. If your CNIC is misused, you can show FIR that this CNIC was not in your use. Please go to NADRA with following documents:-

      1) Your original CNIC
      2) Original and photocopy of FIR

      NADRA will issue to you a DUPLICATE CNIC.


  9. My wife has lost her cnic, do i need to get the F. I. R done for the issuance of new cnic from NADRA or it can be obtained without F. I. R, pls confirm

    1. Dear Mr.Mohsin Ali,

      FIR is necessary and the FIR makes you safe. If your wife’s CNIC is misused, you can show FIR that this CNIC was not in your use. Please go to NADRA with following documents:-

      1) Your original CNIC
      2) Photocopy of your wife’s CNIC
      3) Original and photocopy of FIR

      NADRA will issue your wife a DUPLICATE CNIC.


  10. I have lost my cnic what will be the status of my lost cnic if I make duplicate cnic??
    can anybody miss misuse it?
    can anybody misuse it??

    1. Dear Mr.Shah,

      Your lost CNIC can be misused, but chances of misuse are very low, because now-a-days “fingerprints” are mostly required and therefore misuse of CNIC becomes very difficult. After the Issue Date of your Duplicate CNIC, you are not responsible for any transaction of old (lost) CNIC.

      Best regards,

  11. Assalamualaikum.
    Sir my mother apply two time’s for C.N.I.C but it was not came .we ask on counter but they said we don’t have card . So plz guide me what should we do now .

    1. Dear Mr.Adnan,

      Jab aap nay NADRA ko apply kiya tha tau NADRA nay aapko receipt di hogi. Iss receipt pay “Tracking ID” bhi diya hota hay. Iss Tracking ID number ko mobile kay zaryay 8400 pay send karain. NADRA say aapko SMS aega jis main aapkay CNIC ki tafseel hogi keh CNIC iss waqt kahan hay. Normal CNIC 30 din kay baad milta hay. Kabhi kabhi late bhi hosakta hay. Aap pareshan na hon.

      Thanks & regards,

    1. Dear Mr.Mazhar Siddiqui,

      Following documents are required:-

      1) Photocopy or number of your CNIC
      2) Original FIR and its photocopy

      NADRA’s procedure is very easy and you will find very soon the Duplicate of your CNIC.


  12. Sir i want to change my address mean i want the other address where i am living now but i dont want to change my permanent address what is the procedure please my uncle is on lahor and he has own home and i am living with him in his home and i want to change my address please tell me the procedure

    1. Dear Mr.Shehraz Muhammad,

      It means, you are living in Lahore and you want to change “Present Address” only. It is not difficult. Please go to any NADRA Centre with following documents:-

      1) Your original CNIC
      2) Your uncle’s CNIC (original or photocopy)
      3) Latest original Utility Bill in your uncle’s name and address

      NADRA staff will guide you everything. You will find soon a new CNIC with new “Present Address” and your “Permanent Address” will remain the same.

      Best regards,

  13. Assalam-O-Alaikum. Sir I have double address of Karachi in my CNIC. I need to change permanent address with present address. Have property documents in Mother name. Both Mother and Father have died. Sister is married. Only waterbill is in my mother name. My wife CNIC have both address same. What is NADRA procedure to change karachi permanent address, thank you

    1. Dear Mr.Shabbir,

      Walaykum Assalam……….We are sorry for late reply to your question. We hope you will not mind it. Thanks.

      As you said, your parents are died and Allah may rest their souls in peace and Jannat, aamin. The property documents are in your mother name. Please go to any NADRA Centre with following documents:-

      1) Original property documents. NADRA Officer will take photocopy of only two pages
      2) Original CNIC/ or photocopy/ or CNIC number of your mother
      3) Original latest Water Bill (in mother name) with photocopy
      4) Your original CNIC

      Show the above documents to NADRA Officer and say to them that you want to change Permanent Address on your CNIC. The NADRA staff is good and they will fully guide you. After receiving your new CNIC with new permanent address, you can also very easily change addresses on your wife’s CNIC.

      Please go to NADRA Centre at any day (from Monday to Friday) at 9.00 am to avoid rush of people at the Centre.

      Best Regards,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *